Begin your dive career- take the first step and become a PADI Divemaster. You’re eligible to start your PADI Divemaster training after you complete the PADI Rescue Diver Course. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. The most fulfilling part of the course is learning to supervise dive activities while assisting with diver training.
Divers look to you for leadership, your confidence grows with every breath.
PADI Divemasters are qualified to supervise and assist with both training and non-training dive activities. Dive centres and resorts around the world employ PADI Divemasters to assist with dive classes and guide underwater tours. PADI Divemasters may conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience and Scuba Review program for certified divers. They may also conduct the PADI Discover Snorkelling and the PADI Skin Diver course.
WHAT WILL I DO?
The PADI Divemaster course at Aquatic Adventures is divided into three parts. A description of the parts is written below:
PART ONE- THEORY TOPICS
The Role and Characteristics of a PADI Divemaster Supervising Diving Activities for Certified Divers Assisting With Student Divers in Training Dive
Decompression Theory and the Recreational Dive Planner
Divemaster Conducted Programs
Business of Diving Furthering
Your Diving Career
PART TWO- WATERSKILLS AND STAMINA
20 diver skills
15 minute tread water
800m mask, snorkel & fin swim 100m inert diver tow
PART THREE- PRACTICAL TRAINING
Divemaster Conducted Program
Internship- candidates will assist PADI Instructors with a list of PADI courses and programs.
Please note that Boat dive costs on these courses are not included in the Dive master course.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organisation
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organisation
- Have proof of EFR Primary and Secondary Care or equivalent CPR and first aid training valid within 24 months of course commencement
- Have a medical clearance signed by a physician, valid within 12 months prior to start of the course (also valid with 12 months of certification)
- Have 20 logged dives to start, 60 for certification
- Be at least 18 years of age
The following materials are required by you prior to the beginning of the Divemaster course and are available at Aquatic Adventures:
- Pocket mask
- RDP – Both versions (Table and eRDPML including associated Instructions for Use booklets)
- Instructor guides for Discover Scuba Diving, Discover Snorkelling/Skin Diver Course, Scuba Review/Discover Local Diving (available from the internet) or better yet, the
- PADI Instructor Manual
In addition to the required materials you will need a full set of scuba, snorkelling equipment and exposure protection for 12 deg C (winter) – 22 deg C (summer). Some or all of the equipment may be hired.
DIVEMASTER COURSE FEES $1395
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI Dive master Manual
- PADI Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI DSD Instructor cue cards
- PADI Divemaster Slates
- PADI Professional Training log
- Dive master Hologram
- PADI Pro Bag
- PADI Dive Master Theory online account
- Professional tuition
- Divemaster registration fee with PADI
- Counselling and career advice
- Cylinder & weight belt hire (if required)
- Air fills during program
- Use of swimming pool and facilities
- Use of other texts during course