Open Water Course Learn To Dive In Just 3 Days
Our PADI Learn to dive course are run with a limited number of students to ensure you receive greater attention and a higher learning, As well as having loads of fun.
Get your PADI scuba certification. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts at Scuba Life.
Victorian Scuba divers are renowned for being some of the best in the world due to both the level of instruction and the wide variety of dives and conditions experienced in Melbourne waters. We are home to some of Australia’s best temperate water diving from various reef dives to spectacular Shipwrecks & J class Submarines, to huge underwater walls and one of the largest range of pier dives and shore dives in Australia.
Learn to scuba dive in Melbourne!
Call us for your e-learning access pass.
You need to be comfortable in the water and have some basic swimming skills.
The minimum age for scuba diving certification is 12 years old for the Junior Open water diver certification or 15 years old for the Open water diver or Scuba diver certification.
Learning to dive is easy and lots of fun.
Learning to dive in Melbourne you are not required to obtain a dive medical any more (saving you $150) unless you answer yes to any of the questions in our PADI approved medical questionnaire.
If you have answered yes to any questions PADI medical questionnaire you are required to obtain an approved Scuba Diving Medical Certificate from a doctor. These medicals are available from selected practitioners, a list of which can be found on the SPUMS Website.
- All PADI eLearning must be completed prior to course commencement. (day 1)
- The Open Water Diver course is run over 3 days. For group sessions this is usually two consecutive weekends, although at certain holiday periods we sometimes run 3 consecutive days. If you choose a personalized course we can run the 3 days in any schedule that suits you. Regardless of when the days are scheduled, they take the following format below.
- It’s time to put on the scuba gear! Today you’ll finish of a 20 question theory review , Then you’ll head to the pool and be introduced to breathing underwater. You’ll learn the skills that are necessary to keep you safe on your course ocean dives and during your own diving.
- It’s time to say g’day to those seahorses! You will do two dives today under Rye or Portsea Pier. It’s a perfect training environment about 5m deep and has some spectacular life living around its pylons.
- Today you will do a Shore Dive ,So keep a look out for those Weedy Sea Dragons. Then a boat dive from Port sea. The sites is usually Portsea Hole or Pope’s Eye, though may change depending on conditions. You’ll go a little deeper today, which will prepare you for doing your own diving after the course.
What will I need?
- Your own personal items, that is Mask, Snorkel, Boots and Fins as well as bathers, towel, Log book and erdp all can be purchased at Discounted Prices as we are Melbourne’s cheapest dive equipment specialist.
- A valid diving medical
- Two passport-sized photos and be prepared for fun and Adventure
- After 3 DAYS you will be certified to dive to 18m with a buddy, anywhere in the world! If you want to continue your training from here, it’s time to go on to the
- PADI Adventure Course
- where you will be given an introduction to Navigation, Deep, Wreck , Night diving, Search and Recovery and many other skills making you a Advanced diver.
Our Guarantee to you
If after your first Scuba dive you find that Scuba Diving is not for you, we will happily refund the course fee – excluding the PADI eLearning component.
Open Water Course Costs $597
For Course Prices CLICK HERE
See our course calendar CLICK HERE
Continue your PADI Education Chart