PADI Advanced Open Water
ADVENTURE DIVER COURSE
The PADI Advanced Open Water course is designed to strengthen and reinforce the practical skills and knowledge of an Open Water Diver and can be completed directly after completion of the PADI Open Water diver course.
- Completed the PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- The PADI Advanced Open Water course is conducted over one full weekend during which you will complete a total of five dives covering skills such as navigation, deep diving, boat diving, search and recovery, night diving, wreck diving, drift diving and buoyancy.
- This is an evening where your instructor will go through the knowledge reviews you completed at home. You will also pick up your diving gear tonight.
- Today you will do three shore dives. One of these will be a navigation dive, where you will learn more compass skills as well as natural navigation. You will also do a search and recovery dive, and a night dive.
- You will do two boat dives today from Portsea. One will be a Deep Dive, where you get to see what it’s like when you go down to 30m. If the conditions are suitable you will also do a wreck dive to a submarine, otherwise a drift dive where you just relax as the current takes you along the dive site.
- PADI Adventure course manual.
- Three shore dives.
- Two boat dives.
- Air fills.
- Certification Fees and Instruction.
What do I need?
You will need to supply your own personal items, Such as bcd, regulators, dive computer, scuba tank, wet suit or dry suit, mask, snorkel, boots and fins. As a advanced diver you will require a primary torch and a back up torch, dive slate, dive Knife and a surface maker buoy with a wreck reel. Available in store at our online dive shop.
You will also need to get yourself to the dive sites, and organise accommodation if you don’t want to drive back to Melbourne.
See our course calendar CLICK HERE